As designers we have drawn endless inspiration from our iconic Australian landscape. This country has given us her palette of extraordinary colour and her unique silhouettes of native flora. Her giving is deep and we are committed to giving in return.
OUR PARTNERSHIP WITH GREENFLEET
This Green Friday we have partnered with GREENFLEET. We’re planting native trees with every online purchase. Together we’re helping fight the impacts of climate change and restore native habitat.
A percentage of proceeds from GINGER & SMART’S Green Friday sales will support Pearson, a 340-hectare property in central Victoria that forms part of the Wychitella biolink. Greenfleet is working with the traditional owners, the Dja Dja Wurrung people, to revegetate the property with native trees and create a vital vegetation link across the country.
Restoration of this ecosystem will create habitat for the local wildlife species, including Lace monitors, Quolls and the vulnerable Mallee Fowl, Shy Heathwrens and Inland Thornbills. The Pearson project is part of a longer-term plan to link landscapes from the Murray River through central Victoria to the Kara Kara region.
Some of the native species planted so far include Yellow Box (Eucalyptus melliodora),Varnish Wattle (Acacia verniciflua) and Sweet Bursaria (Bursaria spinosa). In 2021, along with more trees, additional parts of the property will be planted out with native Kangaroo Grass (Themeda triandra) and Yam Daisy (Myrnong).
OUR GREEN FRIDAY COMMITMENTS:
- For every purchase made we’re offsetting carbon emissions and planting native forests with Greenfleet.
- We use 100% sustainably sourced fabrics that are eco-friendly in their composition and construction.
- We encourage our customers to make smart, considered purchases.
- We use sustainable packaging
- We use sustainable energy in our boutiques + head office.
- We encourage slow fashion and investing in timeless, quality pieces over quality.