Our jeans have been designed for 100% circularity - the button and key ring can be unscrewed and removed so that the fabric can be recycled into new denim.
- Our denim is proudly made in Melbourne, Australia by an ethically accredited maker. This team has been producing high quality denim pieces for over 20 years.
- Our denim is sourced from an ethical factory in Turkey. Since 1951, they have been actively involved in the protection and preservation of the environment, human health, and social conditions. They have adopted the following procedures at reducing environmental impact: re-usage, sustainable materials, energy and water management, process engineering, social responsibility, collaboration, co-creation, and certification.
- From 2019, this Turkish mill has increased their use of recycled fibres by blending textile waste into new or recycled denim. Our factory promotes transparency by releasing “Towards Zero Waste”, an annual sustainability report reviewing their production values.
- Our denim textiles have been consciously sourced, using sustainable and organic cotton, hemp and lyocell.
- The sustainable cotton used in our jeans has been produced by farmers who minimize the usage of harmful chemicals, promote the health of the soil and use water efficiently.
- We do not use chemicals harmful to human health and the environment in our denim fabrics.
- No bleach or harmful chemicals have been used in the dyeing process.
- The Garcon shirt is crafted from Hemp and Tencel:
- Gentle on the earth, hemp is organic, renewable and biodegradable, requiring very little water and only a small amount of land to cultivate. Hemp doesn’t require pesticides or herbicides, is hypo allergenic and antibacterial.
- Lenzing Tencel is made from sustainably grown wood pulp. The treatment chemicals are non-toxic and are manufactured in a closed loop process where 99% of the solvents are recycled. Lenzing Tencel is compostable, biodegradable and uses 50% less water and energy.
- The Garcon Shirt in Indigo saved 85% of water in proportion to conventional dyeing.